NEW Letter Cards - make your own.
Print out the A4 sheets of letters and pictures. Glue them back to back on card. Then cut them up into single letter cards with a letter on the front and a corresponding picture on the back.
Fronts: Letters a-i Letters j-r Letters s-z
Back: Pictures a-i Pictures j-r Pictures s-z
The following sheets may be printed to help children with their handwriting and the correct formation of letters.
1a. All the letters of the alphabet can be printed on separate A4 sheets for children to learn the correct formation of each letter.
a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z, (loopy k)
1b. This set of A4 sheets have dotted letters to write over and a picture to colour.
a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z (loopy k)
1c. Letter formation practice sheets arranged by initial hand movements.
1d. This set have capital letters and small letters to practise writing and a picture to colour.
Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii, Jj, Kk, Kk(alternative), Ll, Mm, Nn, Oo, Pp, Qq, Rr, Ss, Tt, Uu, Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy, Zz
Write missing letters in CVC words.
2. This set of A4 sheets have letters missing from simple words. Match a picture to each word and write the missing letter. Click on each letter for its set of words.
a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, l, m, n, o, p, r, s, t, u, w, ck, b and d, b and p,
NEW - Grapheme Cards - Make your own
Print out the A4 sheets of fronts and backs. Glue them back to back on card. Then cut them up into 6 cards with a picture and grapheme on the front and 4 words to read on the back.
Consonants Set 1: th, ch, sh, ng, ck, wh Fronts Backs
Consonants Set 2: qu, ph, tch, dge, soft c, soft g Fronts Backs
Vowels Set 1: ay, ai, ee, ea (eat), oo (moon), oo (good) Fronts Backs
Vowels Set 2: ar, or (fork), ur, er (under), ir, er (herb) Fronts Backs
Vowels Set 3: ie (pie), y (sky), igh, oa, ow (down), ow (slow) Fronts Backs
Vowels Set 4: oi, ou, a-e, i-e, o-e, u-e Fronts Backs
Vowels Set 5: oy, ew (flew), ue (blue), ie (field), ea (head), y (puppy) Fronts Backs
Vowels Set 6: au, ew (stew), ue (statue), ure, ey, aw Fronts Backs
Vowels Set 7: air, are, ear (bear), ear (year), ear (early), or (world) Fronts Backs
3. Sets of very high-frequency words for children to practise handwriting these words. Click on each set of words.
- on, in, and, a, the, I, am
- of, off, up, is, it, at, big
- no, go, to, do, me, my, you
- can, see, look, we, he, she, us
- for, are, said, was, come, going
- this, all, they, our, down, out, about
- here, were, some, there, where, their
Writing CVC Words
4. Sets of simple CVC words for children to practise handwriting these words. Click on each set of words.
- cat, mat, hat, can, man, pan
- cap, map, tap, bad, sad, mad
- get, jet, wet, bed, red, fed
- hen, pen, men, leg, peg, beg
- pin, tin, bin, tip, zip, hip
- dog, log, frog, big, dig, pig
- hot, pot, cot, hop, mop, top
- fun, run, sun, cut, but, nut
- bag, wag, rag, bit, hit, pit
5. More activities for handwriting and comprehension
Please click on a button below to access each resource.