The following sheets may be printed from the website FREE to help children with their handwriting and the correct formation of letters.
1a. All the letters of the alphabet can be printed on separate A4 sheets for children to learn the correct formation of each letter.
a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z, (loopy k)
1b. This set of A4 sheets have dotted letters to write over and a picture to colour.
a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z (loopy k)
1c. Match the letters and the pictures on these A4 sheets.
- Set 1: a, t, c, o
- Set 2: m, h, n, s
- Set 3: b, x, i, g
- Set 4 :d, l, f, r
- Set 5: p, e, u, y
- Set 6: s, j, k, q
- Set 7: v, z, w, y
2. Sets of very high-frequency words can be printed for children to practise handwriting these words. Click on each set of words.
- on, in, and, a, the, I, am
- of, off, up, is, it, at, big
- no , go, to, do, me, my, you
- can, see, look, we, he, she, us
- for, are, said, was, come, going
- this, all, they, our, down, out, about
- here, were, some, there, where, their
3. Sets of simple CVC words can be printed for children to practise handwriting these words. Click on each set of words.
- cat, mat, hat, can, man, pan
- cap, map, tap, bad, sad, mad
- get, jet, wet, bed, red, fed
- hen, pen, men, leg, peg, beg
- pin, tin, bin, tip, zip, hip
- dog, log, frog, big, dig, pig
- hot, pot, cot, hop, mop, top
- fun, run, sun, cut, but, nut
- bag, wag, rag, bit, hit, pit
4. More activities for handwriting and comprehension
Please click on a button below to access each resource.
We are very pleased to be presenting Jelly and Bean's Adventure,
written by eleven year old Iona Campbell from Collingham in Yorkshire. It is published here for everyone to read. WELL DONE, IONA.